[HOT] Difficulty in communicating with iD users

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 10:49:42 UTC 2016

If you'd need to relearn iD, invest some time in learning JOSM, you'll be
glad you did. It's true that it is somewhat more userfriendly to not use
British road classifications, but now it becomes harder to make the switch
to JOSM, that contributors who become more involved with OSM will
invariably (have to) make at some point.

My take on this is that we should teach JOSM right from the start during
Mapathons.

But that is also due to me not being familiar with iD, so I couldn't teach
it, if I tried. I only see the oddities like buildings that end up as
area=yes, or that aren't rectangular, because that takes quite a bit of
effort to do, over and over again in iD.

Lately it's stuff like amenity_1=... that produces bad data.

Polyglot