[HOT] New mapping projects that could use some experienced mappers

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:15:21 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The previous two projects in this area have been completed and the third
one is now posted:

Damascus Area - Qudsiya #1694 - http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1694

This project uses imagery from February of this year, but it is only
available as a WMS layer so JOSM is required to map this project. As you
can imagine, that makes this project even more of a challenge to get
mapped as the number of mappers who can contribute is lower. (JOSM is
not that difficult, youtube has lots of tutorials :)

Anything you can do to help us getting it completed is very much
appreciated.

As you may know there is a fragile and imperfect ceasefire in the Syrian
war at the moment so anything we can do to help people trying to
alleviate the suffering of an estimated 6.5 million internally displaced
persons (almost 1/3 of the total Syrian population)[1] is even more
urgently needed at this time.

Regards,
Blake

[1] UNHCR and Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP)
http://www.3rpsyriacrisis.org