[HOT] Mapathon this weekend! - Burlington, VT

Martin Hibbert m902.osm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:35:43 UTC 2016

A note of caution:

I have been contributing to HOT #1494 Quevedo which I assume is one of
the TM jobs you expect to work on.

The Bing imagery is dated 2011. Some of the existing data is (or at
least was) created after that date. I have just noticed that an
over-enthusiastic mapper has deleted the Quevedo ring road which was
officially opened in January 2016. See my comments in
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/38004310.

There may be other valid data which does not match the Bing imagery. You
will need to advise your mapathon attendees what to do about it.

You also need to be aware that the Bing imagery to the east and to the
south of Quevedo is low res and is effectively useless for mapping, so
that much of #1494 cannot be mapped.

I have suggested that work on #1494 be suspended until better imagery is
available.

Regards
Martin