[HOT] Fwd: Forest Fires in Uttarakhand,India

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Thu May 5 12:41:58 UTC 2016

Hi Praveen and all,

As a student of Forest Fire Science and the HOT Disaster Mapping Program, I would be interested in discussing and possible assisting with a mapping effort.  However, I personally don’t have much ‘extra’ time on my hands recently. Of course, many of us understand ‘what OSM can do’, but before HOT as an organization formally asks for a massive volunteer effort – unfortunately we have limited resources (people) and must prioritize.  That said – any and all are welcome to ‘use the model’ to organize mapping; I should be able to ‘size-up’ the situation later today.

=Russ