[HOT] fort mcmurry

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Sun May 8 05:27:26 UTC 2016

Hi Mike

There are some folks talking on the OSM Talk ca mailing list about actions
and imagery. The governments are curious about digital volunteers and are
coordinating via a group called Canvost (a Canadian volunteer network).
I've connected them to talk-ca.

At the moment the fire is moving fast and satellite imagery might not be
helpful until after it is out.

On a personal note, family (cousins) finally got out. Rebuilding will take
time and will need all hands. Even if it is not a HOT activation (I defer
to Hotties in Canada as I live in Qatar.) There will be a need for
post-disaster OSM maps.

Thanks again

Heather

Heather