[HOT] Japanese earthquake projects

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:03:50 UTC 2016

I'm surprised to have no response to what is happening in Japan.  I think
surprised is the polite way of putting it.

I even tried to contact the project manager but no response.  It is now
Tuesday morning in Japan.  I looked at a couple more.

I note that 1799 wants the sea mapping, or at least a third of the tiles
would seem to be over the sea.

1798 there is a high priority zone but much of it is not tiled.

1788 there is a high priority zone but some of it is not tiled.

1784 wow we've done a really good job of validating the sea on this one.

1786 again lots of sea to map.  We haven't managed to do the high priority
zone.

These are in addition to the issues on 1800.

In total there are some dozen projects mostsy high priority relating to
earthquakes in Japan that's asking for a lot of resources.  I think what
we've ended up with is too few mappers spread out over too many projects to
get anything useful done in a reasonable time frame.  Are they still high
priority?

Yes mappers don't cost anything in money terms but surely we can expect a
higher standard of project management than appears to be the case here
especially with Ecuador needing to be mapped at the same time.

Cheerio John