[HOT] COSMO-Skymed damage maps

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:23:59 UTC 2016

I attended a session on hazard modelling here at the Understanding
Risk 2016 and one presenter showed a rapid assessment model using
radar imagery to identify potentially damaged areas.  One case was
Nepal EQ.

I did a quick overlay over imagery and the areas we traced buildings:
https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/maning/ciocn9hep00bgb1nhx2eqfyl7.html?title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoibWFuaW5nIiwiYSI6IlhjWGNfdTQifQ.ras0nImWG638BCDSxU8bqw#12.32/27.5822/85.3427

For future response, I think these preliminary models are great tools
to assess where we should focus mapping with the Tasking Manager.  If
we think this is useful, I'll try to connect with the researchers.
--
cheers,
maning