[HOT] HOT project 1913 - Sri Lanka Floods

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri May 20 02:23:11 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I just created a very informal tutorial video while looking into this
imagery alignment issue. I attempted to make a "How to Align Imagery
in 3 mins" tutorial, but it all went wrong, the imagery did not need
to be realigned to the mapping at all amongst other things. The
imagery alignment seems to be an issue so is one of things we are
looking into, I thought I would just record the how-to while I looked
at the mapping data to understand the issue better anyway.

I actually still think it packs a lot of useful information about how
to actually do background imagery re-alignment and when not to do
imagery background alignment and what to do instead into 3 mins. But
is is very informal and has some loud sounds from the environment in
the middle.

Spoiler: iD has changed how it does background imagery alignment as
well since the last time I had do that so it is worth watching even if
you think you already know how to align background imagery in iD, you
might not like I did not :)

https://youtu.be/1Pcj_wFTHeE

To see an excellent example of how to make HOT How To Videos, see
Andrew Wiseman's examples. He just completed adding closed captioning
text for both Spanish and English:

https://www.youtube.com/user/hotosm/videos

Regards,
Blake