[HOT] Terrapattern: query-by-example for satellite imagery

Hakuch hakuch at posteo.de
Thu May 26 19:35:29 UTC 2016

On 26.05.2016 17:40, Blake Girardot HOT/OSM wrote:
> This discussion leads to a lot of potential ideas.
>
> they mention OSM in text, but it was not clear to me how OSM data was
involved.

"We trained a 34-layer DCNN using hundreds of thousands of satellite
images labeled in OpenStreetMap, teaching the neural network to predict
the category of a place from a satellite photo."

the osm data was just to connect the image to actual data, so their
software could learn how an airport normally looks like

(sorry, I sent email not to list by mistake)