[HOT] QA activities as part of Validation - Build it into the TM

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:30:52 UTC 2016

Folks,

I was thinking about the recent discussions of new mappers, validations and
QA. I put together some new tasks for #MapLesotho over the weekend and have
linked to Osmose and KeepRight in the tasks as a major element of these
tasks is to do a lot of cleanup in addition to the regular tasks of mapping
and validation.

With all that being said, what came to mind was this. Is there anyway to
pull down errors from those 2 sources and have them accessible from within
the TM for the tile being worked on, rather than going to those sites and
trying to navigate to the same spot on the map.

I don't know how easy or difficult something like this would be to do, but
if its possible I think it should be looked at as it would make data
delivery much more accurate, effective and robust, especially during times
of crisis when small errors can have major implications for on the ground
personnel.

I would chase this myself however I am not techy enough to know how to do
it so maybe someone with the right skills might be able to say if this is
even possible.

Dave