[HOT] Fwd: [OpenStreetMap] Alternative imagery project 2102

Chad Blevins cblevins at usaid.gov
Tue Nov 8 22:12:12 UTC 2016

I modified the instructions in the task 2102
<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2102>to hopefully help clarify the imagery
problem.  This it was originally mapped using Bing, I suggest we validate
using that source and use the service for cloudy or poor image quality
areas.  I'm open to feedback of why this may or may not be a good approach.

The idea of using one image source for new mappers is great, but so many
parts of the world are cloudy.  It would be nice if the TM allowed cells to
be marked as "cloudy", making it much easier to take Joost's approach.

- Chad

--
*Chad Blevins*
GeoCenter