[HOT] Hurricane Matthew Mapping Urgently Needed

Elizabeth Kelly kellye at OBU.EDU
Thu Oct 6 22:13:33 UTC 2016

I have been looking at #2205, Nippes Coast, and Task #448, there are several areas that look like groups of shacks.  Should I map each and every shack? I like doing this!
Elizabeth Kelly

From: Dale Kunce [mailto:dale.kunce at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2016 10:46 PM
To: hot at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [HOT] Hurricane Matthew Mapping Urgently Needed

Hurricane Matthew continues to strengthen and is advancing on Haiti and the Bahamas. The next day is very important to keep mapping so that relief and humanitarian organizations like the Red Cross and others can help those affected in the coming days.

We need to keep the mapping going. Some areas with potential "catastrophic" damage are still unmapped.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-matthew-caribbean-haiti-jamaica-cuba-bahamas-forecast-oct2

Please help HOT by contributing the mapping. Task 2196<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2196> is live right now and needs more mappers. The activation team anticipates additional projects for Haiti and the Bahamas over the next few days.

Thanks again for your contribution and continued support of HOT.

--
Dale Kunce
Vice-President