[HOT] OSM humanitarian mapping and its learning curve

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:31:24 UTC 2016

The future of HOT will be in more local mappers joining tasks, and we will
definitely have to remain open to having greater number of first time OSM
contributors with no prior experience and not fluent in English.

The core of the problem is that contributors have access to powerful
editing tools that they may not know how to correctly use [1]. Lets always
create great documentation, but more importantly we need some mechanism to
ensure that a contributor has read and understood it before contributing.

[1] https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/3142