[HOT] OSM humanitarian mapping and its learning curve

Maurizio Napolitano napoogle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:59:59 UTC 2016

Hi
I want share with you my idea. In Madrid, during the IODC conference,
I spoke with Heather.
I think that we can imagine a system that, by starting from the login
to http://tasks.hotosm.org/, calculates a value of "trust" of a
contributor.
As starting job we can use the wonderful work made by Pascal Neis for
"How did you contribute to OpenStreetMap" - http://hdyc.neis-one.org//
If the user has a good experience, the system offers the new task to
solve, otherwise, the system drives the newbie in a "virtual course"
to increase the experience.
The "virtual course" offers, to the newbies, some tasks well known to
use as gym to increase the osm experience.
What do you think?