[HOT] Release of Open Data for Resilience Initiative Principles and Policy

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 08:05:29 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you know that our team at the GFDRR Open Data for
Resilience Initiative <https://opendri.org/> has just released the OpenDRI
Policy Note & Principles document. Unlike the Open Cities guide, which
seeks to provide practical guidance, this document takes a step back and
articulates some the high-level values and guidelines that inform the
design of our projects. We benefitted greatly from early conversations with
the OSM Institutions Group in DC, and feedback from Mikel Maron, Chad
Blevins, and Benson Wilder in particular.

The Policy Note & Principles can be found on our website here:
https://opendri.org/resource/opendri-policy-note-principles/

Since HOT represents a thriving open data community we hoped you all would
find this interesting and have good feedback or suggestions. We’re also
curious: for those who work for an organization using open data, do you
apply similar principles in your own work?

Finally, if you’re interested in signing up for our newsletter, you can do
that here: https://opendri.org/about/#newsletter

Thanks!
Robert