[HOT] Informal mapping party, looking for region to work on

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:23:04 UTC 2016

Hi Kyle,

I would suggest this project:

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1788

That project has good imagery and easy mapping. The task squares are a
bit too big so feel free to help people split the task squares. It is
essentially easy buildings and easy roads. And it is under a time
deadline that is coming due.

That project also demonstrates the usefulness of mapping for a wide
variety of humanitarian work, from the project description:

"Mugumu is the capital of Serengeti district in eastern Tanzania and
the surrounding villages have a very high incidence of Female Genital
Mutilation, early marriage and Gender Based Violence. NGOs on the
ground need better road and residential area data to facilitate their
outreach work. We need to complete this map well before the next
"cutting season" in December. "

It is lead by an amazing local community of mappers and this is a real
opportunity for the remote mappers to support local NGOs, local
community members and victims of gender based violence.

Thank you so much for mapping Kyle and sharing your enthusiasm for it
with others!

Regards,
Blake