[HOT] African remote sensing pre-conference training, mapathon

Douglas Ssebaggala douglas.ssebaggala at hotosm.org
Fri Oct 21 17:16:52 UTC 2016

Dear Hotties,

This comes to bring your attention to the upcoming 11th International
Conference of the African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment
(2016) <http://aarse2016.org/> where we are to hold a pre-conference
training on *Crowdsourced remote Mapping: Disaster risk and resilience. *One
of the tools we will explore is mapping with the Tasking manager, and also
work on possible tasks. We will have a little experienced mappers, as well
as new ones, so we shall have both a mapathon and a training in parallel.

The Mapping notes, and references on task 1788
<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1788> are so great, and we would welcome
any other suggestions to make the best out of our upcoming event
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/crowdsourced-remote-mapping-disaster-risk-and-resilience-tickets-28683469028>
.
This training will also be a preparation for an upcoming Youth Mappers'
<http://www.youthmappers.org/> Mapathon in a week's time.

--

*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
*Mapping Supervisor "Financial Services", Uganda

Email: douglas.ssebaggala at hotosm.org
Skype: douglo.m
Twitter: @douglaseru <https://twitter.com/douglaseru>
UG Mobile: +256 772 422 524