[HOT] Note to project managers

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:51:45 UTC 2016

You might like to include the following in the documentation on your
project.

Tagging is important, if you don't tag something it will not appear in the
map.

Please use the following default for highways highway=unclassified rather
than primary, secondary, motorway or road.  Highways tagged road are
ignored by some route planning software.

If you do not require every path leading to every hut I suggest including
highways leading to groups of buildings are the most important to be
mapped.  Those leading to rivers and fields are not so critical.

I'm doing a clean up in Africa at the moment, so far I've tagged a few
thousand untagged ways, retagged a few motorways running between huts etc.

Cheerio John