[HOT] Addresses in Africa

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 09:01:43 UTC 2016

My experiences in Kenya are:

For individual areas the postcode is mostly unknown.
If you want to receive a letter you have to rent a PO Box at a post
office (which then also may serve as your 'address')
which has a postcodes

Postcodes are (mainly) useful for post offices (in Kenya).

House numbering is vastly inconsistent, and 'non linear'.

On 31 August 2016 at 20:08, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Basically Longitude and Latitude?  Transpose two numbers and its easily done
> and you have no address.  Having some redundancy in the address is helpful.
>
> Cheerio John
>
> On 31 August 2016 at 15:00, yo paseopor <yopaseopor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What about a geo referenced and scalable system like...coordinates? Postal
>> codes are based on inventaries of provinces,states,cities,streets... Ok,
>> when you don't have anything like this of the inventary is not correct or
>> not well implemented what about something will never fail? (coordinates)
>>
>> yopaseopor

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>