[HOT] [activation hotosm] Re: Earthquake in Tanzania and Uganda

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sun Sep 11 14:19:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The folks on the ground in Tanzania and Uganda have the initial
project up on the Tasking Manager.

http://tasks.hotosm.org/

It is roads only at this time, but they will be putting up a Bukoba
buildings only project shortly.

Additional or higher priority areas of concern or AoI's as we call
them, may be coming as they get more feedback from the responding
agencies.

As you may have seen, additional imagery is also being sourced at this
time, please use a mix of mapbox and Bing to try and find the best
imagery you can.

Regards and thank you for helping map!

Buildings only mapping coming soon, please check back and check the
instructions often, as early in the process like this, the folks on
the ground need to refine their priorities and then we need to change
our priorities to support them as best we can.

Blake

Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
President, HOT Board of Directors