[HOT] wish list for validators.

Matthew Gibb mjngibb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:08:25 UTC 2017

Great feedback, thank you, John.

This is definitely a working document so I'll begin incorporating all of
your points (or feel free to edit, the settings are open), not to mention
most folks have their own process for validating, so some answers may be
slightly different, depending on who is writing it. Very good point on the
JOSM being mentioned. There's also a working document going around with
tips on using JOSM for validation (and mapping in general). We'll want to
make sure any available documentation is referenced. Dale and Andrew also
made a validation style for JOSM, which I'll include a link to.

Quick feedback I think is the biggest hurdle, which is why there has been
such a push for more documentation, so that there can be resources for
encouraging more users to validate.

I know you've led quite a few discussions on this list about validation, so
I'll be sure to check through those as well to find a common points.

Thanks!

Matt