[HOT] an in your spare time project. Cleaning up the imports.

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 22:04:52 UTC 2017

Replying to my own message to add this...

Instead of adding code to the TM or overpass to change xyz into lat-lon
someone with some apache or other web server experience could set up a
really simple "proxy" service that accepts a url with xyz coords in it
and uses url-rewriting rules to redirect the request through to overpass
with the bbox coords in place of the xyz coords.  I.E. just accept a url
like the following:

http://yourserver.com?query={{bbox_xyz=1,2,3}}restOfQuery...

and do an http redirect to:

http://overpassAPIserver.com?query={{bbox=1.0, 2.0, 1.5, 2.5}}restOfQuery...

I don't know enough about apache to do this myself, but I know it is not
difficult to do with url rewriting.  This way we could put a clickable
link right on the TM using the existing code and have it do an overpass
query specific to that task square.  This would be useful for a lot of
kinds of projects HOT could do, not just this specific one.

-AndrewBuck