[HOT] JOSM: Learn about relations and learn about the scripting plugin [practice projects in JOSM]

Bjoern Hassler bjohas+mw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 08:46:49 UTC 2017

Dear friends,

Want to build your JOSM skills?

Following up on the earlier email on "practice projects": With the help of
an intrepid mapper (Puxan) we've ironed out some issues regarding
documentation for the practice projects.

So now, with improved instructions: if you want to learn about the *JOSM
scripting plugin (to speed up mapping)*, try this project
https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/3899 - I'm available for questions.

If you want to learn* about OSM relations and try some validation*, this
task is now complete:
https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/3296 and can be validated, which means
checking the relations.

Instructions for both projects are available here http://tiny.cc/mmjosm.

As an extra incentive: We'll also put together a PDF atlas (one for each
project), with an introduction (providing background on the areas mapped,
and why), and (of course) credits to anybody having mapped or validated.
Will get this done as soon as the projects are done.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some support getting started!

All the best,
Bjoern