[HOT] Mapping request for Harper and Pleebo, Liberia

Blossom, Jeffrey C. jblossom at cga.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 15 19:19:18 UTC 2017

Hello HOTOSM team,

I'm Jeff Blossom, a GIS Manager with the Center for Geographic Analysis at Harvard University.

I'm working with a Dr. Daniel Palazuelos, who is doing a long term health surveillance in West Africa, and has expressed the mapping need below:

"The recent Ebola epidemic in west Africa  was unprecedented. Critical to the response at that time was accurate mapping of the most affected households in the most affected areas. Partners In Health is a Boston-based nongovernmental organization that began working in Liberia and Sierra Leone to assist in the disaster response at the time, but has now made a long-term commitment to building functioning health systems in these countries so that the next Ebola epidemic does not occur.

We are looking for volunteers who can help map beneficiary communities in our catchment area, starting with Harper and Pleebo, Liberia.   The goal would then be to use these detailed community maps to create public health strategies where local community health workers  can perform regular outreach campaign to households to be sure that people are healthy, and connected to growing clinical services."

What is the process to get this mapping request considered?

Thanks,

Jeff Blossom

GIS Service Manager

Center for Geographic Analysis, Harvard University

1737 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA 02138