[HOT] Mapping activities to support the refugee response in northern Uganda

Paul Uithol paul.uithol at hotosm.org
Fri Jul 7 23:45:08 UTC 2017

Hi all, I wanted to share some updates on our project in Uganda with you. Many
thanks to our team in Uganda (Stefano, Geoffrey, Douglas, Carmen, Deo,
Kate, Lydia, and everyone else helping out). They're doing amazing work to
support UNHCR, MSF, Catholic Relief Services and other NGO partners
coordinate their data collection and mapping onto OpenStreetMap, connecting
a lot of the dots around the refugee response.

Mapathons on World Refugee Day to generate baseline data:
https://www.hotosm.org/updates/2017-07-03_volunteers_i
n_uganda_and_turkey_rally_to_support_refugees_on_world_refugee_day

Ground surveying in the settlements in northern Uganda:
https://www.hotosm.org/updates/2017-07-06_bringing_
remote_mapping_to_the_field

This weekend, we'll also have State of the Map Africa in Kampala! I'm not
sure about any streaming options (internet and bandwidth being what it is
in Uganda), but we'll definitely update everyone on the proceedings via
Twitter, blogs and other channels!

Best,
Paul

~ sent from mobile