[HOT] Funding for Crowdsourced / Open Data Projects for Democracy

Luisa Teixeira luisa.teixeira0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 19:57:47 UTC 2017

Hi Rebecca,
Hi Selena,

Thank for your suggestions. I had send that program by the Open Society
Foundation, which seems a good fit!

I hadn't find the D prize yet, thanks!

Best,
Luisa

On 24 Jul 2017 9:28 p.m., "Selene Yang" <seleneyang1 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Luisa. Have you checked with the Open Society Foundation?

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/latin-america-program

Best,

Selene Yang

> Hi Luisa,
>
> I'm not aware of any grants open right now which would fit this closely,
> but a recent opportunity shared is D Prize:
> https://www.d-prize.org/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rebecca
>
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Luisa Teixeira <luisa.teixeira0 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> a friend getting involved with a project in Brazil that gathers data to
>> support reporting of abusive behaviour, particularly from Official workers
>> or Institutions. This project is based on WhatApp as a means for data
>> collection and transfer (videos, location, textual reports, etc). The data
>> is pooled together and then sent to the corresponding agency or office,
>> according to the type of crime or offense.
>>
>> This group of people wishes to (understandably) remain independent. I
>> think I have read about potentially relevant funding opportunities in this
>> mailing list, so I thought of asking your advice. Does anyone have any
>> suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance,
>> Luisa

> --
> *Rebecca Firth*
> Community Partnerships Manager
> rebecca.firth at hotosm.org <tyler.radford at hotosm.org>
> @RebeccaFirthy
> Skype: rebeccafirth
>
> *Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*
> *Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development*
> web <http://hotosm.org/> | twitter <https://twitter.com/hotosm> | facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <http://donate.hotosm.org/>
>
> *Join us at the 2017 HOT Summit! <http://summit.hotosm.org/> | 14-15
> September | Ottawa*