[HOT] Highway Tag Africa wiki

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 13:40:55 UTC 2017

Benoit Fournier was kind enough to send me a link that shows the
differences.

"Hi John,

The wiki history can highlight:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Highway_
Tag_Africa&type=revision&diff=1493742&oldid=1489377

Ben"

For the moment I suspect it might be better to just go over these rather
than give a set of slides that is an interpretation.

The most important part to myself is the track / path / unclassified /
residential differentiation.  I might ask the question if it goes to a
field or the river and its wide enough to drive a 4 x 4 down and where a 4
x 4 can be driven is probably subjective then I think its a track.
Rereading the updated wiki do I get the impression if its narrower then the
wiki is saying it should be a path instead?

Could someone perhaps identify what each change was and why it was made
since changes to this page have a quite large impact and may require
multiple training guides and tutorials to be updated never mind the poor
validators.

Thanks John