[HOT] landuse=residential and routing problems

mbranco mbranco2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 10:20:36 UTC 2017

Doing remote mapping in Nigeria (project #2768), I've a very basic question
(sorry, but I searched a lot in wiki pages and mailing lists, I didn't find
anything about) :

all highways (usually 'unclassified') connecting a village need to be
connected between them, for routing alghoritms?
If so, and the village has no residential highways, have we to draw
"virtual" roads (with highway=residential) inside the village to get the
connection?

Please look at this picture [1] to have an example.

Cheers,
Marco

[1]  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65acVCG5NRQZ3VHTkFlaXR0RHM
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65acVCG5NRQZ3VHTkFlaXR0RHM>