[HOT] landuse=residential and routing problems

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 31 20:45:26 UTC 2017

I did not say to create "virtual roads" but to interpret the imagery in a specific context, here rural area in a semi-artic region with no road infrastructures like paved roads or gravel roads going to the small villages.  We have to interpret the traces on the sand. At the rainy season, cattle, people walking and cars leave traces in all directions.
It is yes difficult to interpret in such areas and this is a challenge to provide significant infos about the road network.

We often see that  too many highway=unclassified are traced in parallel going from village A to village B.

Your answer is too short saying do not connect A and B.

In the case of this specific village, Mulla, which ways would you keep as highway=unclassified?If you keep one from the north, one from the south, would you say that this is impossible that a car goes through the village to move from the north way to the south way ?

What is virtual, what is the reality in such a context?  :-)
Pierre