[HOT] Maps for refugees

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 18:34:20 UTC 2017

It's not quite what we usually do but Syrian refugees are ending up in many
parts of the world.  OSMand allows you to choose the language both for the
menus and for the map.

So in Ottawa all the street names are in English or French but I can search
for pharmacy in English or pharmacie if I'm using French menus.  I assume
if the menus are set to Arabic then you can search for the equivalent
Arabic term.  Can someone confirm you can do menu searches in Arabic in
OSMand?

Should this information be in a wiki somewhere?  Can it be expanded on?

Thanks John