[HOT] Broken (multi)polygon cleanup

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 17 21:09:12 UTC 2017

Hi Jochen
Your focus on these problems more related to the softwares process is quite interesting and valuable.

While I continue to focus on the Haiti south west peninsula after the Matthew hurricane landing in october 2016,  I looked today at multipolygon relations misuse.
For Buildings with only outer rings, I merged the ways if necessary, removed the relation and added the building tag to the ways.
This Overpass query shows some of these multipolygons before correction.
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/nBb

I also found and incorrect use is multipolygon relation as a collection of buildings, removed the relation and corrected the tagging. There were 7 buildings in this relation. This does not respect the OSM data model and we cannot easily count the number of building in GIS softwares. The mapper who added this relation has more then 600 days of contribution and hence classified by Pascal Neis as Great Mapper (Very Active).
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/nB9

The next problem I will look at is ways with only the area tag.

Pierre