[HOT] National Mapathon in Belgium - volunteers & validators needed

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:00:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

Last year we had a pretty huge mapathon in Belgium, and this year it's
going to be bigger :)
We have over 230 subscriptions right now, with a couple of days left to go.

We will work on Sierra Leone tasks from 8 universities across our country,
starting at 10 am CET, this Saturday the 25th.

Geography departments are coordinating and recruiting. It's a full day
event, so there is time to teach people

We could still use help:

- If you know of potential volunteers to help mappers, please have them get
in touch! In three universities, there is only one experience volunteer
available.

- We want to validate as much as possible, as soon as possible. That way,
we can correct people as they are mapping. To stay in the loop, join our
dedicated Riot channel: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#osmbe-task:matrix.org .
We plan to validate into the night at the post-event Validation Party!

- We have plenty documentation to get started, but could still use some
last minute help.

- We want Moar Mappers! Spread the word and register here:
nationalmapathon.eventbrite.com

Get in touch for more details!

(the event is organized by the National Geography Committee and supported
by OpenStreetMap Belgium and MSF Belgium. Jorieke and Pete are deeply
involved in the project :)
--
Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |