[HOT] Inflationary use of the mailinglist

Julian Haag osm at juhaag.de
Sun Mar 26 16:26:09 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I am interested in information regarding HOT activations, the talk about
real HOT problems and some news regarding HOT, so I joined this list
about a year ago during the earthquake in Nepal. Currently I found
myself deleting nearly 98% of the messages of this list even without
reading it.

It's just crazy getting dozends of emails a day on topics having nearly
no intersection with HOT at all! e.g. "Bounding box not in iD Editor
anymore" or currently "Mapswipe - whats happening with the data?". There
are boards, where, in my optinion, general discussions should take place
but not on a mailinglist. A mailinglist, thats the place where really
urgend stuff should be discussed.

Is there a HOT mailinglist that just focuses on important stuff?

with annoyed greetings

Julian