[HOT] Spam messages

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sun Oct 29 12:22:29 UTC 2017

Hi John,
One of the main feedback items we got was that people received no
notifications of when their work was validated so that is why we
switched from sending a message to the users when their work was
validated instead of only when it was invalidated.

They are probably going to stay and as I said, improved so when people
do not want to receive them anymore they can opt out of validation
emails/messages specifically.

Typically spam is unsolicited emails, however, emails from the Tasking
Manager are fully opt-in. If you do not provide your email address,
you do not receive any emails. You can remove your email address at
anytime and you will no longer receive emails from the Tasking
Manager.

As I said, eventually you will be able to opt in and out of different
types of emails/messages so you could choose to not receive messages
or emails when your tasks get validated.

Cheers
Blake