[HOT] OSM Polygon drawing App at field level

Rupert Allan rupertmaesglas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 08:46:03 UTC 2017

We are strategising about 'feedback-mapping' whilst doing 'non-camp
refugee' data collection in the Northern Uganda refugee settlements. I
am trying to identify a tool which can edit polygons by smartphone from
the field. The imagery will be too old for the new settlements to show
in, say, JOSM. The reality on the ground for us is one of dynamic
mapping in this ever-expanding settlement context, and Maps.Me, OSMAND,
OSM Tracker, OMK and other tools in discussion are fine to input points,
but we are stumped by how to 'draw' whilst in the field... Does anybody
know where this is up-to?

--
Rupert Allan
Art Director, Field Mapping Coordinator
Email: mail at rupertallan.com
Web/Blog: www.rupertallan.com
Facebook: Reuben Molotov/'Voyages of the Ketch Sandpiper'