[HOT] What is up with Bing?

CiarĂ¡n Staunton ciaran.staunton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 15:11:30 UTC 2017

I'm surprised no body else has seen this, or commented as I am told it was
the case since yesterday (Friday: AM GMT). It would appear that Bing for
central and southern Africa has been re-rectified and that the linework of
the OSM drawings look like they were shoved to the west about 3 metres. I
then thought it might be an issue specific to me so I asked others and they
see it. I thought it might be specific to JOSM and how it recieves the sat
imagery and its not that either because ID has the same problem.

Anybody know how to talk to the people in Bing and call them to put central
and southern Africa back to the West about 3m? Forgive me if the problem is
a southern hemisphere thing, I just looked at Africa.