[HOT] SAVE THE DATE Aug 27-Sep 2: HOT and FOSS4G Together in Tanzania

Tyler Radford tyler.radford at hotosm.org
Wed Feb 14 00:49:35 UTC 2018

​​

*Dear HOT Community,You are invited to the 2018 HOT Summit at FOSS4G,
August 29-31 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania! This year we again had a great
selection of potential locations for the HOT Summit and were faced with a
hard decision as we were very keen to have a joint event with both the
OpenStreetMap and FOSS4G communities. As a first time chance to hold the
Summit in a HOT project location, and through a wonderful partnership we
are pleased to bring the HOT Summit to FOSS4G this year. HOT will lead the
“Widening Access and Humanitarian Mapping” conference track. We welcome you
to Tanzania -- home to our flagship Ramani Huria and Data Zetu projects.The
Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) conference is the
yearly gathering of the OSGeo community and this year they are looking to
bring impact stories to their audience. With humanitarian and disaster
response use of FOSS, especially in regards to geospatial, the HOT
community brings an amazing showcase to an already impressive conference
program. We can’t wait to see the collaboration between these open
communities.Key Dates: - Coming Soon: Discounted Ticket Sales for HOT
community- March 21: Presentation Submission
<http://2018.foss4g.org/programme.html> Deadline- August 27-28: FOSS4G
Pre-Conference Workshops​​- August 29-31: FOSS4G and HOT Summit Main
Conference- September 1-2: FOSS4G Code Sprints and Community Events Stay
tuned to http://2018.foss4g.org <http://2018.foss4g.org> for more
information on FOSS4G and the HOT Summit.--The 2018 HOT Summit Working
Group*
<https://donate.hotosm.org>