[HOT] OSM Japan mapping after Osaka Earthquake - Mappers and Validators needed

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 05:39:36 UTC 2018

Hello.

First of all, thank you for great effort on this activity!

I would like to propose following actions.

* 1. Priority Urgent/Medium -> Low
Almost 2 weeks passed and we have no additional post quake on that area.
And I could not hear any utilize of OSM on there.
(An inquiry about bad data quality has posted on talk-ja ML from local
mapper.)

I have privilege on the TM3, so will change it by myself.

* 2. Some reporting encouraged?
Humanitarian mapping activities are pretty effective and needed.
We may save many lives by mapping.

And feedback exchange between local and remote could make it better.
Could we have some reporting from Project organizer when we have Urgent
mapping task on Tasking Manager?

I think Urgent task means "Great Impact to local", so if we could get some
feedback from those projects, we may have a chance to build more better
mapping practice.

Additionally, could we have any periodically priority review on somewhere
(possibly inside of HOT WG)?
Tasking Manager cause great rush of edits onto local (especially Urgent
task) sometimes it causes harm on local data and community.

Best,

> The exact wikipedia link is https://en.wikipedia.org/
> wiki/2018_Osaka_earthquake
> The international magnitude is  5.5 *M*w
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_magnitude_scale>, not 6.1; but on
> the Japanese scale, the maximum intensity (not magnitude) it is  6弱
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Meteorological_Agency_seismic_intensity_scale> -
> VIIII (severe)

> blake.girardot at hotosm.org>:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> There was a major earthquake in Osaka about 24 hours ago.
>>
>> The OSM Japan folks have been mapping in response, and have now
>> increased their efforts and are asking the HOT Community to join them
>> in their efforts mapping the most impacted areas.
>>
>> From Taichi, OSM Japan:
>>
>> "M6.1 Earthquake happened in north are of Osaka prefecture, Japan.
>> (2018/06/18 7:58 JST)
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018Osakaearthquake
>>
>> Some disaster volunteer centers have launched in affected area. We
>> will support for them. First mission means making building data. If
>> you have time, please help to us. Thanks!! "
>>
>> They have excellent imagery and while the cities are very very dense,
>> with the OSM Japan drone imagery, the mapping is still very easy.
>>
>> Also, please help us spread the word:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/hotosm/status/1009212568651657219
>> . at OSMJapan is mapping in response to the #OsakaEarthquake and needs
>> mappers to join their efforts!! They are posting projects on the HOT
>> Tasking Manager https://tasks.hotosm.org/contribute
>> First project is URGENT priority!
>>
>> Respectfully,
>> blake