[HOT] activating Kilauea, HI area

russell.deffner at hotosm.org russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Tue Jun 5 17:51:26 UTC 2018

Hi Roger,

Our Disaster Mapping program is guided by a similar protocol (I’m pretty sure DG’s has bits from ours ;) You can get info here: https://www.hotosm.org/projects/hot_training_center

The short version is we have an Activation Working Group that coordinates our response. In the case of Hawaii, the local mappers pretty much took care of things without needing an HOT activation.  However, we almost always support in some way and helping with imagery is something we can do.

Best bet to just chat with folks and see what might work is to join our Slack: http://slack.hotosm.org/ either the #disaster-mapping channel or #imagery-coord would do. Or you can email Activation at hotosm.org <mailto:Activation at hotosm.org>  to direct message the working group.

Thanks for asking, happy to help!

=Russ

Russell Deffner

Volunteer Disaster Mapping Coordinator

Email:  <mailto:Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org> Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org

OSM/Skype: russdeffner

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

 <http://hotosm.org/> Web |  <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team> Wiki |  <http://hotosm.org/updates> Blog |  <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team#Communication> Contact |  <http://hotosm.org/donate> Donate