[HOT] mapping buildings or houses with a smartphone?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:54:03 UTC 2018

I've come across a few hundred that have been mapped as bus_stops using
maps.me on smartphones in Togo.

These have been mapped as nodes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a better way to map them?  Ideally
using maps.me since that would keep the training simpler.

Poor internet connections so its all off line.

I think someone built an off line tool that handled imagery as well as
tiles is that still around could it be run on a laptop feeding iD or JOSM
on other laptops?

I have some concerns about accuracy with the maps.me approach not all the
buildings line up with Bing.

Thanks John