[HOT] Getting the Bounding Boxes of the Validated Regions

Laurent Savaete laurent at where.tf
Wed Nov 21 14:03:09 UTC 2018

Hi Serkan,

I am in the process of extending Mapswipe (http://www.missingmaps.org/)
an app that is used to create some of the task manager task geometries.
Together with Benni Herfort at Heidelberg university, we're setting up a
workflow to help people validate building footprints produced by ML
systems. Our first target is a dataset of buildings in Tanzania that
contains about 18 million footprints. The aim is to do a bit of
preprocessing, to put them in a decent shape, then have volunteers
validate them against satellite imagery, so that they can then be
imported onto the map. Our hope is that this speeds up mapping of
buildings (and possibly other elements) while also raising the resulting
quality.

I think this might tie into what you're doing in 2 ways:

- our output will be a high quality dataset of validated building
footprints that you could use for training

- your output could feed into the app for validation

Happy to tell you more about what we're doing in a separate discussion,
if you think it's helpful.

Laurent