[HOT] [OSM-talk] Tool update from HOT: MapCampaigner

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Mon Oct 1 07:44:56 UTC 2018

On Mon, October 1, 2018 7:57 am, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> On 01.10.2018 03:28, Nate Smith wrote:
>> Last week we released a new version
>> of a data quality monitoring tool
>
> I would like to recommend that you don't use the term "quality
> monitoring tool" for this since you're measuring quantity not quality.
> At best, I'd call it a tool that monitors "richness" or "completeness".
[..]

And let's underline that Frederik's remark is not semantic nitpicking in a
vacuum: in the context of HOT's campaigns the quality vs. quantity issue
has quite a track record.

Integrating within the task manager the tracking of the quantity of Osmose
defects would go some way towards addressing the monitoring of actual
quality. Tying a selection of Osmose errors categories to the "validation"
step would help make it an actual validation rather than a formal
rubberstamp - doesn't even need to be mandatory, it just needs to be made
visible. Actual quality assurance tools are just there within arm's
reach...