[HOT] Two Activations! Mappers, Validators and More Needed!

russell.deffner at hotosm.org russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Fri Aug 9 18:02:28 UTC 2019

Dear HOT Community,

Yesterday our colleagues in Turkey asked for assistance in response to the
earthquakes there, several projects on the Tasking Manager could use your
help! For detailed information, visit
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Denizli_Earthquakes

Yesterday we also sized-up, and made the decision to preemptively Activate
for, Cyclone Lekima; a handful of projects are on the Tasking Manager for
those islands directly in the path. Details can be found at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cyclone_Lekima

It's the early days of these responses, so lots of uncertainty still; stay
tuned to tasks.hotosm.org <https://tasks.hotosm.org/>  or come to the
#disaster-mapping channel on Slack (slack.hotosm.org
<http://slack.hotosm.org/> ) to be part of the coordination. Of course we'll
try to keep everyone informed through this list, social media, etc. and you
can always email and/or join the Activation Working Group directly, cc'd on
this message.

Thank you!

=Russ

Russell Deffner