[HOT] Leverage MapSwipe for Your Next Mapping Task!

Jessica Bergmann jessica.bergmann at hotosm.org
Tue Aug 20 09:31:32 UTC 2019

Hi all!

*We are actively seeking new projects to add in MapSwipe! *If you have
upcoming mapping tasks where MapSwipe can be leveraged to make your mapping
more efficient, please email me directly!

*What is MapSwipe <https://mapswipe.org/>? *MapSwipe is a mobile app that
allows volunteers to search through satellite imagery looking for features,
such as roads, buildings, and waterways, tapping the tiles where they find
these features. MapSwipe reduces the area requiring detailed mapping in
remote and rural areas *by up to 95%, *increasing efficiency for mappers in
the Tasking Manager.

*How can you use MapSwipe? *The MapSwipe team accepts ongoing requests from
mapping communities to leverage MapSwipe in their workflow! *Reply to this
email* with your mapping areas of interest and a brief description of the
objectives for your mapping task, and the MapSwipe team will work with you
to create the MapSwipe project and promote it to volunteers!

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about leveraging MapSwipe!
And stay tuned for more information about MapSwipe 2.0, coming soon, which
will have even more project types for your community to take advantage of.

Cheers,

Jessica

--
*Jessica Bergmann*
Partnerships & Community Programs Associate