[HOT] Tasking Manager 4 - Development update, calls to action, and roll-out plan

Felix Delattre felix.delattre at hotosm.org
Tue Dec 10 11:35:16 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I would like to give you an update on the Tasking Manager 4 development. We
are a bit delayed to the initial plan, I outlined here. This is due to some
additional features we wanted to add to the new Tasking Manager. Soon, I
will share with you a comprehensive list of all changes, improvements and
new features. But we have time. Estimated time for release of the new
version is the mid of February.

But, now the exciting part: We are opening up testing for the Tasking
Manager 4 this week!
Please sign-up to this list if you want to take part in the Tasking Manager
4 testing and feedback: http://bit.ly/tm4-testing

Similar to our earlier plans we are announcing the following three testing
phases, but with an adapted timeline:

*Phase 1:*
>From this week until the Dec 22
General testing, with TM power users, experienced mappers, validators and
project managers.

*Phase 2:*
>From Jan 6 to Jan 18
Verification and confirmation of changes and fixes based on phase 1.

*Phase 3:*
>From Jan 27 to Feb 8
Wider testing with all kinds of users and in groups to check on the
behaviour under heavy load.

We'll keep you updated! And I'm going to send out separate emails to ask
for support on documentation and translation of the tool, once we feel
ready for it.
Many thanks and best regards,
Felix

--