[HOT] [OSM-talk] Mali

Nikhil VJ nikhil.js at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:28:18 UTC 2019

Hi,
I hope making the subject line match the earlier threads brings this
email under that thread rather than a separate one. Apologies if that
happens.

I'm not very involved in organising, am also a beginner (user:Answerquest
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Answerquest>). Just slipping in a
suggestion:
It seems many of the tasks and issues with learning, teaching mapping,
quality control being discussed in this mailing list belong more to the
tasks.teachosm.org platform rather than the HOT platform.
I'm organiser of a few tasks on teachosm, and there we are able to really
focus on keeping a good grip on the mappers. The website name itself is a
solid statement that they are learning the ropes and have to be careful.
Also there the urgency aspect does not apply - "if it takes long then let
it take long but let's do it right" is our ethos there.

So my suggestion is to move certain tasks out from HOT - which was created
as I understand for more urgent and time-critical matters (Pls correct me
if wrong) - and over to tasks.teachosm.org . I don't know right now
technically how one may do that.

Of course, I don't know fully about the urgency / non-urgency state of the
tasks on HOT that you're all talking about, so I may be wrong on this.

You can reach out to this email address: info [at] teachosm [dot] org -
people there were very helpful and supportive for us.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ, Pune, India

PS: Removing the earlier threads as it's a mess at my end - I'm subscribed
in digest mode. Apologies for loss of flow.