[HOT] Faster activations with disaster.ninja

Darafei Praliaskouski darafei at kontur.io
Wed Jun 19 22:13:59 UTC 2019

Hi HOT!

Thank you very much for documenting your activation workflow. We read
through it and thought we can be helpful with some automation on Phase
1, in size-up and imagery estimations. We made a tool:

http://disaster.ninja/live/

 - Shows latest event and affected area from GDACS.org.

 - Shows prior HOT activations and all the imagery for affected region, if
there were.

 - Estimates gaps in the OpenStreetMap data correlating objects counts to
population, globally, using a combination of highest resolution datasets
from European Commission and Facebook.

 - Imports, exports and edits geojson shapes, reportedly ready for upload
as area of interest into Tasking Manager.

Have a look at cyclone Fani through it to see more of the above:
http://disaster.ninja/live/#id=GDACS_TC_1000561_27

What do you think?

Darafei
kontur.io