[HOT] HOT Tech Announcements

Felix Delattre felix.delattre at hotosm.org
Tue Oct 15 10:58:36 UTC 2019

Dear HOT community,

At the HOT Tech Team we want to make sure we're in contact with our users
and the organizations relying on our tools. For this reason I would like to
share with you an overview of our tech communication channels and ask you
to sign up for the ones of your interest:

*1. Infrastructure Announcements*

Informs about all planned or emergency downtime of our services (HOT
Tasking Manager, Export tool, and others).

   - The main point for this information is status.hotosm.org - where you
   can also subscribe via email. Learn more about the recent advancements
   in our blog post -
   https://www.hotosm.org/updates/communicating-operational-status-of-hot-tools/
   - We also will use our new HOT Tech Team twitter account to communicate
   such news. Please follow https://twitter.com/hotosm_tech for such
   announcements.
   - And we will post all news about our running infrastructure also in the
   #sysadmin <https://paper.dropbox.com/?q=%23sysadmin> slack.hotosm.org
   channel

*2. Tech Announcements*

We want you to know about all new releases, new functionalities, software
related activities, and let you know early about planning of relevant
changes in our application. Regularly we will send updates to this email
list (hot at openstreetmap.org) and also tweet them through our HOT Tech Team
twitter account under https://twitter.com/hotosm_tech.

*3. Tasking Manager specific communication channels*

Our most used tool is the Tasking Manager and we are providing some direct
channels to take part in the development, give continuous user feedback,
talk about improvements and shape this application all together.

   - We are opening up a (power) User Group for the Tasking Manager. If you
   want to shape the Software and participate in the conversation about its
   direction, please join the group, it's mailing list and regular meetings:
   https://bit.ly/tm-user-group
   - As before, all people interested in the technical aspects and
   development are welcome to join the Tasking Manager Development Group email
   list and regular meetings: https://bit.ly/tm-dev-group
   - In any case, a good way to take part is connecting to our chat (
   slack.hotosm.org #tasking-manager
   <https://paper.dropbox.com/?q=%23tasking-manager>)

We hope this will meet everybody's need for updates and taking part in the
development of our tools.

Thanks and have a good day,
Felix

--