[HOT] HOT Tech Announcements

Felix Delattre felix.delattre at hotosm.org
Tue Oct 15 16:41:18 UTC 2019

Hi Jiri,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 3:12 PM Jiri Vlasak <jiri.hubacek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Felix,
>
> >    - We are opening up a (power) User Group for the Tasking Manager. If
> you
> >    want to shape the Software and participate in the conversation about
> its
> >    direction, please join the group, it's mailing list and regular
> meetings:
> >    https://bit.ly/tm-user-group
>
> I am interestend in but not willing to login with Google form. Please,
> provide
> direct links to mailing list @openstreetmap.org and probably link to wiki
> or
> github with regular meetings.

The mailing list in a Google group, and the form we set up (
https://bit.ly/tm-user-group) is to make subscription as easy as possible.

Alternatively you register yourself yourself by:
- either sign-up directly - your must be logged in with your gmail.com
account:
https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/tasking-manager-users
- or write an email from any kind of email address to tasking-manager-users+
subscribe at hotosm.org in order to subscribe yourself directly.

> >    - As before, all people interested in the technical aspects and
> >    development are welcome to join the Tasking Manager Development Group
> email
> >    list and regular meetings: https://bit.ly/tm-dev-group
>
> I am interested here also. Why the github is not enough? What is the link
> without the Google form?

Github is an excellent base for collaboration and it might be enough for
you. In the past we felt like we need some more communication between the
people working on the Tasking Manager: and we set up regular video calls,
to talk through things in person. Among other topics, we announce these
meetings on this email lists.

The alternative subscription channels for the TM Development Group are:
- either sign-up directly - your must be logged in with your gmail.com
account:
https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/tasking-manager-dev
- or write an email from any kind of email address to tasking-manager-dev+
subscribe at hotosm.org in order to subscribe yourself directly.

Best,
Felix

--