[HOT] Announcing Rapid Response Microgrants: COVID-19

Tyler Radford tyler.radford at hotosm.org
Tue Apr 21 20:16:13 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Today we're launching the first-ever round of HOT Rapid Response
Microgrants:
https://www.hotosm.org/updates/rapid-response-microgrants-covid-19/

In numerous disasters over the years, OSM communities have led or co-led
activations of the HOT network (both globally and locally). This was
particularly important in Nepal where Kathmandu Living Labs played a
leading role in responding to the 2015 earthquake. HOT has now provided six
rounds of funding to support OpenStreetMap communities, totaling 45
grants, but until now we were not able to provide funding for OSM
communities to respond *during* a crisis.

I'm particularly optimistic about this new round, because for the first
time ever we are able to offer financial support to OSM contributors
responding rapidly to a critical information gap in their country, during
an ongoing pandemic. We hope that this support will lead to further
containing COVID-19 and reducing the human suffering caused by the pandemic
and related restrictions. This is the power of the HOT network -
contributing local knowledge to address global issues.

Please share this link widely and apply for the first round as soon as
possible before May 10th.

Take good care,
Tyler

*Tyler Radford*